A medical facility environment requires an exceptionally high standard of cleanliness and sanitation that absolutely must be provided by the professional hospital housekeeping team.
- First, and foremost, patients must be confident that the environment of healing provides (1) the most germ-free space possible to facilitate healing and (2) adequate prevention of contaminants from other spaces that may worsen the patient’s condition.
- Health care workers must be confident that various impurities, both airborne and touch-transmitted, have been sanitized by hospital housekeeping professionals for the protection of themselves and their families.
- And, medical facility administrators must be confident that hospital housekeeping staff will do everything possible to maintain germ-free standards that preserve the facility’s reputation and guard it against liability.
Carolina Services of the Triad has years of experience successfully providing hospital housekeeping services to medical facilities from neighborhood medical clinics to vast multiple-campus hospital systems. We thoroughly understand medical standards and know the processes and procedures required to give exemplary service.
OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) has determined strict guidelines for hospital housekeeping. It takes an experienced and dependable janitorial services firm to successfully address all the potential challenges, while delivering ultimate cleanliness and sanitation. As a hospital administrator, you know how important it is to keep facilities sterile to ensure the health of patients and staff. As a top-quality provider of hospital housekeeping services, we know how important it is to deliver that germ-free environment for you.
OSHA Hospital Housekeeping Guidelines
OSHA has instituted a great many detailed regulations to maintain the safety and health of hospital housekeeping employees and to help them understand how to safeguard the safety and health of patients and health care workers. Just a few are:
- Clean and sanitary hospital housekeeping work environments must be maintained using approved disinfectants to prevent contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials.
- All equipment and surfaces must be cleaned and decontaminated after contact with blood or potentially infectious materials.
- Laundry contaminated by blood or other potentially infectious materials should be bagged and only sorted or rinsed in the laundry using universal hospital housekeeping precautions.
- Exposure to sharps and containers must be minimized by prompt and proper disposal by health care workers, so that they are not handled by hospital housekeeping staff.
- Use of hazardous cleaning chemicals in the hospital housekeeping process must be safeguarded by written plans for handling and mitigating exposure.
- Hospital housekeeping procedures must include only cleaning one side of a walkway at a time to minimize slips and falls.
Carolina Services of the Triad is almost 20 years old and remains the largest locally headquartered, family-owned janitorial services firm in the region. The company is based on the principle of consistently giving excellent service based on the values of integrity, ethics and a deep respect for our customers.
Please get in touch with us via the online information form or by calling 336-996-9883 to schedule a free consultation for your medical facility.